News - Thu, 04/14/2022 - 11:03
Progressive myopia in children: what parents can do to prevent?
Ortho K, in combination with prescription drugs significantly improves myopia control in children while avoiding the need for wearing glasses or undergoing surgery
Myopia in children has been progressing rapidly in recent years. Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, more screen time and less outdoor time has actually harmed children’s vision and put them at higher risk of developing myopia. This can lead to serious eye problems in the future, even including potentially blinding diseases. Additionally, myopia progression is faster in children; if not monitored and corrected in time, it will cause eye damage and have serious consequences for the future.
In order to take control of your child's myopia, HFH advises parents to assure:
- Wear the right glasses.
- Clean eyes properly with a clean, warm towel first, then massage around the eyes to relax and relieve tired eyes before going to sleep.
- Watch TV or computer screen with correct posture, adjust screen brightness to low, and always ensure plenty of ambient room light, as suitable for reading.
- Apply the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, take a 20-second break and focus your eyes on something at least 20 feet away that will help refocus and rest the eyes
- Assure adequate nutrition to support your eyes, supplemented with nutrients such as vitamin A, Zinc, Vitamin B, Beta carotene, and chromium contained in vegetables, fruits, seafood, meat, fish, and nuts.
- Use Ortho K contact lenses in just 2 simple steps: put in your Ortho K contact lenses before going to sleep and remove them as soon as you wake up: your child will have bright eyes and clear vision for the whole day without wearing glasses. In addition, Ortho K contact lenses are the optimal method that is trusted by many parents to improve your child’s vision, limit the progression of myopia, and trusted by many parents.
Ortho K at Hanoi French Hospital assures you because:
- FDA approved method
- Doctors trained and certified by the American Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control (AAOMC), members of the British Indo Pacific Orthokeratology Myopia Control Academy (BIPOK) who will directly consult
- With the modern digital corneal topography systems
- Using Ortho K Global OK-Vision contact lenses that are personalized for each person's eye structure, and made in the US
- Using USA AoSept contact lenses solution
With convenience, simplicity, and safety, Ortho K puts control of progressive myopia for your child within your reach. Choose Ortho K to protect your child's eyes today!
From April 14 to May 14, 2022, when register for your Ortho K package at Hanoi French Hospital to protect the eyesight of your child you will receive a gift worth VND1,700,000 which includes :
- AoSept contact lens solution
- Boston contact lens cleaning and disinfecting solution
- N-K eye drops